The Central Wesleyan College Archives Digital Collection contains yearbooks, course catalogs, and photos of the now closed Central Wesleyan College. Established in Warrenton, MO, in 1884, Central Wesleyan started out as both a home for Civil War orphans and an institute of higher education with the purpose of training ministers for the German Methodist Episcopal Church and educating German youth in their native tongue. It merged with the German College of Mt. Pleasant, IA in 1909 and became a junior college in 1930 before closing its doors in 1941. Many of the school's publications in its early years were produced in both English and German, reflecting the bilingual nature of the institution. Note: full-text transcriptions are only provided for documents in English.
In 1947, Northeast Missouri State Teachers College (now Truman State University) at Kirksville acquired the library and archives of the CWC. Since that time, additional materials have been added to the collection.
For more information about the holdings of the CWC Archives in Pickler Memorial Library Special Collections and Museums department, see Central Wesleyan College Archives Manuscript Collection.
Click on the magnifying glass with no text in the search box to browse this collection.